Art of design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i'am A newbie seeking for help

3 posters

Go down

i'am A newbie seeking for help Empty i'am A newbie seeking for help

Post  nillercos Wed 16 Apr - 6:16

Hello,

I am a newbie to this site and a newbie to web design, so I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I will give it a shot and see.

I am designing a site for a friend and there are a couple things that he would like to have that I am not sure how to do. First off, he would like to add a blog to his site. Is there a particular way of going about this? Is there a particular blog company/software that you would recommend? I am also looking for any tutorials on adding a blog to ones site?

The second thing he would like to have on his site is a place for people to sign/join. The site is being built around a particular cause and he would like to have a place for people to sign their name and then maybe add a comment. Once they do this it would register it on a page for all to see. Kind of like a petition, but it isn't a petition. He is trying to get a large group of people to join him for this cause. What would be the best way to go about this. I am looking for any help I can get.

Thanks in advance for your help.

nillercos

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

i'am A newbie seeking for help Empty Re: i'am A newbie seeking for help

Post  ghost99 Wed 16 Apr - 6:17

He could probably do this with any blog software. If you have a cpanel account, there are a couple that are there that can automatically be installed. With the blog software the visitors can leave a comment which would show up after an article on the blog.
One that I've seen a number of people use is wordpress (www.wordpress.org).

ghost99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Anton Wed 16 Apr - 6:18

Not a big blogging type, but I remember from signing up to Blogger.com that it lets you install the blog on a domain name of your own rather than as a subdomain of the blogging website (eg. myblog.blogger.com) - Have a look and I'm sure you can get a blog sorted easily enough at blog.yourdomain.com//

As for the other thing, the petition sounds like you need a guestbook script that saves email addresses for you (and preferably doesn't display them as users will then get a lot of spam) - A guestbook can easily be rebranded as a petition. Not sure exactly which one to get though.

Hope this helps.

Anton

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum