Art of design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where to start? Streaming videos

2 posters

Go down

where to start? Streaming videos Empty where to start? Streaming videos

Post  rajdip1 Wed 16 Apr - 6:33

Hi there, I'm extremely new to this web development stuff. I read a book on CSS so that is about the extent of my knowledge. Here's my deal.

For work I have created numerous databases with access, excel, and linking with Oracle. For each of these databases I create an extremely detailed folder full of how-to's using screen recording software. Over the past few years I have accumulated around 800 to 1000 videos describing how to do various things within the databases.

A friend of mine from a different company looked at them and thought they were amazing and suggested I show them to beginners and novices in the business world. I was wondering how much would it cost to create a web site that was able to host about 1000, 1-9 minute videos.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to begin or even if I have the budget to be able to do this that would be awesome.

rajdip1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

where to start? Streaming videos Empty Re: where to start? Streaming videos

Post  MySimple Wed 16 Apr - 6:35

Perhaps the best way to start would be to get the video into a better format say .flv for example. That way it would technically be progressive/streaming video. You'd be suprised at the compression and high quailty video you can get from flash video, that and you can easily make your own player or find one. You may need a powerful server for that many videos though.

MySimple

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum